Friday, August 20, 2010

When answering questions in Marriage and Divorce, how many people have you told to watch the movie Fireproof?

Also, bonus questions:





How many times have you seen people say this in a sincere way?





What do you think about people who recommend that this movie will save a marriage?When answering questions in Marriage and Divorce, how many people have you told to watch the movie Fireproof?
Is this an actual movie, as in something you go see in theaters, or is this a motivational relationship seminar thing that you rent from blockbuster?





Haven't seen it.





I recommend it though. ;-)When answering questions in Marriage and Divorce, how many people have you told to watch the movie Fireproof?
About 10 (that I actually noticed)


All 10 I believe were sincere


I shouldn't be a hater...'cause I've never actually seen the movie. But I'm a cynic and I snicker when I see it sometimes.
fireproof? gasoline and a match always worked for me..
I've *never* gotten the ';zomg you have to watch fireproof!!!';
I have seen the movie. I have marital problems. It is an eye opener and very touching. something my hubby and I really enjoyed watching together. anything you can find that can be a tool in saving your marriage is a positive.
did someone say 'fire'??
From what I've heard about this movie, it's not something I would ever want to see. And being that I haven't seen it, I have no opinion one way or another. But yeah, it's being recommended a lot.
I don't know. I jokingly recommend it. True story, watched fire proof and bought the book before the divorce, didn't change a thing.
LOL @ KJIII











LOL!





Never seen the movie, but I have flipped through the book the movie's idea is based on, and seriously, for MOST people, the teachings on what REAL love is may be a real eye opener.......seeing is REAL love has NOTHING to do with ';feelings';............
I think my kids' jammies are fireproof or something.





You seem like a really hostile ball. You should watch the movie Fireproof. It will save your life and your marriage. I will pray for you tonight.
A bonafide movie buff (and survivor of infidelity, bankruptcy, midlife crisis, etc.) My wife and I watched the movie and at the time it had a bittersweet feel.





On one hand, it was inspirational and motivating. On the other hand, we probably watched it at the wrong time (one of us wasn't ready to move forward yet). The cynical side comes up if you aren't open to changing.





Our lives go on and on daily. Movies end in about 2 hours and when the credits roll the responsibility ends (unlike life).





I like the movie and the 2nd time we watched it, it helped us clear the decks of our baggage and focus on each other.
Zero. I watched the movie. It was, like most movies, not very realistic.





I usually recommend a couple of decent books that I have read on reltionships. Other than that, I recommend counseling.





People who recommend that movie to save a marriage have never has deep seated issues in their marriage. I doubt seriously that movie could ';save'; anyone's marriage.
1) None





2) Lots of times - at least it appears to be sincere





3) I have no idea as I haven't seen the movie. Will it be the ';be all, end all'; to fix a marriage - unlikely. Hopefully it does help some...
none. i've seen the movie, it was trying to give a good point but it was SoOoO corny!!
I thought 'Fireproof' was about saving flaming, openly gay people's marriages.





But if you think it will help, I am going to sincerely recommend it to everyone. Will people be grateful that I recommended the movie and like me more?
Actually, no one has recommended it to me, but it is a GREAT eye opener movie. I always say that if you want to improve your marriage, practice loving your partner (love as a verb, not an emotion). This movie personifies that perfectly. I wish I could have convinced my husband to watch the movie too, but it's too girly for him, lol.





What do I think about people who recommend that this movie will save a marriage? I honestly believe that it CAN if the couple actually implements the ideas. Unfortunately, a lot of people 'work' on their marriage simply by staying in the marriage and changing nothing :( That doesn't work; you actually have to do something in order to save a marriage. This movie is a great motivator.
At least once that I remember for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was more. The time I remembered someone recommending that movie, they said it in a very sincere way. I believe most of the people who recommend watching the movie are sincere in their intentions to help, but that some of them aren't living in the real world. Yes, it is wonderful when people can reconcile and work through their problems together, but not all marriages can, or should, be saved. For example, living with an abusive personality where they just won't change or get better, can have devastating effects on a person's self esteem and health.
I have never seen this movie, still don't think I would use a movie as a basis to answer any question sounds kind of stupid to me. Or wait maybe I'll suggest the movie Love Stinks ....lol
Haven't seen but I agree that anything that can help you to look at things in aslightly different perspective is useful.
I assume everyone has a movie they recommend for something, I personally have a old favorite that I always suggest to help all ailing relationships. ';Debbie Does Dallas';, the original. Now there is a story that will get most relationships back on the mend. I go through several tissues watching this movie, it always gets to me.
  • product key
  • honda finance
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment