Friday, August 20, 2010

How can I obtain an extra copy of a marriage license after 50 years?

My grandfather recently pasted away and my grandmother is trying to figure out all the bills, etc. Some places require to see a copy of their marriage license in order to transfer his accounts to her. The problem is my grandfather had hidden the marriage license and our family can't find it. How do I go about getting a duplicate copy of their marriage license after 54+ years?


(They were married in Michigan and were currently living in North Carolina if that helps anything). Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!How can I obtain an extra copy of a marriage license after 50 years?
Contact the court house in the county in Michigan were your grandparetns were married.How can I obtain an extra copy of a marriage license after 50 years?
it will take some time, but just try to go back to Michigan where they were married and ask the courthouse for a copy.
the clerk in the county they were married in will have the record

No comments:

Post a Comment