Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How does this courthouse marriage thing work?

So my boyfriend and I are going to get married in March. He is in the marines so we are just going to have a courthouse marriage for now. We are new to this entire thing, I know we have to go to the county clerk and apply for a marriages license but what else is involved? What happens the day at the courthouse, one of our friends will be our witness. I currently live in Florida and he is stationed in California so I will be flying out there to marry him.How does this courthouse marriage thing work?
My husband and I did this. You have to pay for the license and pay the JP (two different payments). Our's cost $150. We were able to get married the day we applied for the marriage license because he's military, so we got the 3 day wavier. You might be able to do that too. As for the witness. I'm not sure. We didn't need a witness(in Texas), but I know most places you need 2. So I'd suggest going in to talk to them, or looking on a website to see what you need.How does this courthouse marriage thing work?
Why would you get married in a courthouse?


I bought a $17,000 dollar dress and we married in an extremely high class venue. We had a $100,000 flower budget because I love flowers. We had 600 guests and the evening ended with a fireworks show.


Now doesn't my wedding sound better than some silly courthouse wedding?
You could probably look on line at the county you plan on being married in. You may need to be a resident of that county. Check it out prior to flying out there. Or the two of you might need to fly to Vegas. good luck.
look it up on fl web site....
  • ie tab
  • hair pieces
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment