Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you feel about people saving themselves for marriage?

I'm a high school junior girl and am planning to save myself for marriage. I've never had a boyfriend and it probably has a lot to do with the fact that I don't feel like most guys would want to date someone who wouldn't want to do anything sexual...What do you think?How do you feel about people saving themselves for marriage?
They are strong and I admire them.How do you feel about people saving themselves for marriage?
I didn't know that was even an issue anymore.Most people I know, I should say all people I know who have gotten married are far from virgins.





I ask you, why you don't want to do anything sexual? It's a normal human need, desire and now a days is almost expected that people feel that way. There's nothing wrong with saving yourself for marriage, but that whole concept died in the 60's. When you meet the person you love and know they love you as well, it's normal to want to be intimate with them. If you're a virgin, your wedding night can be very awkward and even scary.





There's nothing wrong with sex, or wanting sex. That's all religious and church rhetoric.
I'm in high school and i have my reasons


1)i'm not risking getting pregnant,using a condom is not 100% effective,and my rule is,if you have to ask your parents to buy/pay/permission to use birth control pills,you shouldn't be having sex


2)people saying that if you love someone you'll do it,sex is thrown around so much now a days,it's gotten to the point where it's not even about love,and it's even worse when you're a teen because teens don't know real love,and for teenage boys,it's not about love,it's about hormones


3)It complicates relationships,especially,especially a teenage relationship


4)I'm not going to be like ';everybody else'; and have sex just because the girl or boy next to me is.


5)yes life is short,but if i get an STD,my life will be cut even shorter


6)i rather save it for my husband that way sex won't be something i've done with other people,and then i'll actually give my all into my sex life,and i'll be horny as hell when i get married
If that is what you want to do, good for you but I would want to try things out before I got tied down to someone for the rest of my life.It is not that I think that you should just go out and sleep with someone. But I think that I would sleep with someone at least about two or three weeks before I married them. Umm marriage is hard enough when two people love each other but without good sex, it is doomed for failure.
Personally, I don't believe in waiting for marriage because what if you aren't sexually compatible.





But for other people-- I think it's fine.





Whatever floats your boat.





Adult women who are ';WUMTHS';... waiting until marriage to have sex.... often form support groups to help themselves out through the dating ups and downs.





There are men who will treasure that you have saved yourself for marriage.
I think it is a very honorable thing to do. I wish I had but I didn't become a Christian until I was 22. The biggest regrets I have were the things I did sexually before I was married. You never forget it and neither does you husband.





You don't want the type of guy who doesn't respect a woman who wants to wait. You want someone spiritually compatible with you more than anything.
Personally I don't agree with it. I don't believe in sleeping around either but if you like someone and you can trust them then it is good and healthy. Many marriages break up because partners end up being sexually incompatible. However, if a guy won't respect your decision then maybe he's just not the right guy for you.
I think you have high moral standards. Nothing wrong with saving yourself; as a matter of fact, I say you're making a smart decision with all the problems in society these days such as, STD's and, unwanted pregnancies.





Although, I think flying Mop dog has made a good point as well...............
Well good for you!





Problem is that most of us men ( and women since the birth of the ';pill'; 45 years ago) find it impossible to resist!





Really, it's NOT a problem, if you don't want it don't do it!
In my opinion I have respect for them..because alot of girls wished they could lose it someone they truly love...and some girls regret it...personally sex is good if you with your boyfriend...but making love aww entirely different thing
I think it's great that you want to do this. You're a great role model for all the other students. I hope they'll adopt your idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment