Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How would a society without marriage work?

I've talked to a few people recently who don't think marriage works. While my parents have had a good marriage, I know a lot of people haven't. So my questions are;a) without marriage, how would society raise children, and b) is marriage flawed, or do flawed people destroy marriages?How would a society without marriage work?
they need to try praying and keeping the lord in their marriageHow would a society without marriage work?
If all things were economically equal, it would work just fine.
A lot of people believe in monogamous coupling, but they don't believe in the institution of marriage. I'm married but I don't see what's wrong with loving people living together and raising a family. The only difference is a government document.
Nothing would change, besides the tax laws. Marriage is a covenant two people enter into and the government has it's interest in regulating it through various municipalities.
many matriarchal societies don't have marriage. In these cases, the male influence in the child's life the uncles (the mother's brothers).
marriage isn't for everyone.. I guess whoever would want to raise the children could, most likely the mother. But if both wanted to raise them then they could switch off or something.
the concept is great but legalities have corrupted it beyond recognition. The system has made it so that a good man ,good husband, and good father will have his life utterly destroyed by a bad women , I am divorced but had it good my ex wife left me and my 3 boys after deciding she was a lesbian. she is a good person at heat and didnt run me threw the cleaners, but legaly she could have. we have joint custody and i pay a minimal amount of child saport based on i have my kids on fri sat and sunday. However in my devorce i was hotrrified to lean the truth that the male in the relationship is at the womans total mercy , if he is a model husband and dad and the women is a complete hore , he his penalized, if she doesnt want him to see the kids he wont and hell pay thousands of dollors for her to do with as she pleases, witch usualy has nothing to do with the kids. Point is marrage is the single biggest decion a man has to make. How the parental rights not to mention cival rights of men can be so grossly destorted is amazing in a modern society. In my opinion marrage is great but the law has made it too easy for women to use men as nothing more but carriers and they r always looking for a better one.

No comments:

Post a Comment