Friday, August 20, 2010

What do you want to tell me about marriage?

What are your marriage tips and suggestions? I'd just like to know what you feel makes your marriage work and do you think marriage is a good thing. Are you happy? How long have you been with your partner? Any kids? Just would like to know!What do you want to tell me about marriage?
My parents have one of the best marriages I've seen. They've been married for 46 years this July. They still flirt with each other, still cuddle, still hold hands, still kiss. Mom does thoughtful things for Dad and he does thoughtful things for her. The secret is working through the tough times, working at the relationship every day...both people, and doing selfless things on a regular basis that makes the other feel loved and wanted. You need to try to understand each other, always give each other the benefit of the doubt instead of jumping to conclusions and, just as important as love, you need to TRUST.


I can't answer from my own experiences. My first husband was abusive and my current is a control freak who cheats.....if it wasn't for my parents example of what a marriage can be, I'd just tell everyone who's thinking of marriage to RUN, don't walk, and don't look back! But I know marriage can be a wonderful thing. It just takes the right 2 people to make it work.What do you want to tell me about marriage?
I have 3 kids and we want one more but the economy sucks right now so maybe later on down the road. We have only been married a month but we have been together for almost 4 years (I have been married before though). The most important thing for a marriage is honesty and complete trust in your other half. Communication is also key open up about anything and everything. Yes I love being married it is one of the best things in the world at least this time around. I think there's a difference when you find your true love you don't really have to question anything at all. I am very happy and honestly I couldn't ask for anything more my life is great. We do everything 50/50 when it comes to doing stuff or helping out around the house or with the kids. Right at the moment he works and I stay at home with the kids so he makes the money but says it ours. I usually take care of all the house stuff and paying bills. Marriage is great and when you find that one person you want to spend forever with you won't have to question marriage at all.
Marriage is good as long as you are both in love and prepared to put hard work into it as its not always easy and you must believe that the vows you make on that day are things you can keep during your marriage.


I am happily married, i married in Nov 08 and i was only with him for 7 months before we got engaged and when we married we had been together 1 year and 4 months.


No we dont have kids, i am 25 and plan on having kids when i am 29ish as we should be better of financially.


Marriage has its highs and lows. When its good its 100% fantastic and i feel ontop of the world, when its bad i cry and feel like giving up. But the good times heavily outweigh the bad so its worth it.


The main thing i have learnt so far is you must talk to eachother and keep your communication doors open, we are still working on this as its neither of our strongest points but marriage is all about give and take and putting someone else other then yourself first. Its a great learning curve for when you finally become parents.
Marriage is a big thing and shouldnt be rushed. Its important to marry someone you can see yourself being with the rest of your life meaning having common interests and being able to communicate. If you both like to do the same things and ejoy doing them together while at the same time respecting each others space, thats good. But if you cannot stand doing the same things and are complete opposites its a losing battle. Communication is another important thing. If you feel your partner is your best friend and you can tell him anything, thats good. But if you feel that you cannot talk to him or when things get rough you cant resolve any kind of conflict, its not worth getting married. Getting married is not about falling in love or having kids. Its about choosing a partner in society that is acceptable in the community. You are choosing someone to hold hands with, have sex with, have kids with, sharing yourbills with, etc... and its known to the entire society. this is why marriage is serious and should be done slowly.





I made a huge mistake when i was in my 30's and married the wrong man. My child suffered the price b/c he has his parents in two different homes and what does that say to him when he grows up? I just try to tell people now that who ever you choose as a partner, you will also reproduce many offspring like that person.





I know alot of people at different ages with successful marriages b/c they came from good homes and had a good m ind set before going into a marriage. They were mature about marriage and discussed all their options before tying the knot (having kids, finances, living arrangements, work, doing household chores, etc)
I've been with my husband almost 10 years and married 8 and 1/2. Marriage is a lot more work than children are. We have 3 kids and although the kids are challenging they strive to make us happy and do not get annoyed by us (at least not anyway) my spouse takes his frustrations out on me. He lets the economy, financial struggles and everything else invade our marriage which makes for an unpleasant living situation. Don't get me wrong I love having someone to talk to and to parent with but don't be fooled into thinking if you get married you'll always have someone to talk to and be sexual with b/c if they aren't in the mood or are frustrated with life they won't want to be sexual and you can call a friend to talk and may want to if your husband is letting things get to him.
i'd say the thing that makes a marriage work is compromise. i'm VERY happy. we have one little one %26amp; have been together for a year next month


:) having a family is hard but the fun times and smiles make up for the little bad times. but when you're in real trouble you'll know that you have a family that will stick beside you no matter what. we're a very strong family.
Married less than a year but together for 3 yrs, no kids, aren't going to have any.





What I've learned is that everything that was a minor annoyance early on is now a full blown 10x's irritant to me. If I could go back, I would have cleared up some expectations that we both had concerning work %26amp; finances in particular. We do not have common goals at all. I bust my @ss to have a better future %26amp; he'll drop $10,000 on a freaking toy. Not good %26amp; I didn't pay enough attention to his habits in the beginning.





Sex is an important issue as well. If one person has expectations that the other will never meet, then bitterness is bound to pop up %26amp; cause problems. So you should be on the same page with that.





Also, I don't have kids but he has a daughter from a previous relationship. We're not at all in agreement on how he treats his relationship with his daughter, how much financial support he gives her %26amp; his ex, etc. And no I'm not pissed that he's paying too much, I don't think he's helping enough. You see?





So . . . Finances, sex, and the way you raise %26amp; care for your kids. You should be in agreement on some of that or else it's just a nightmare.
Don't marry some one who you have broken up with and gotten back together with, especially several times. Don't marry some one you spend a lot of time arguing with. Don't marry some one who has cheated on you.


Marriage is a compromise. No one is the boss. Both people should do their equal share of working and taking care of the house. Before you get married make sure he understands this. Tell him you are not going to take care of him like his mom did. Make sure he understands this.


You both need to know what you want. How you will raise your kids, what kind of house you want, pets, EVERY THING. Make sure you are on the same page. I know pets may seem silly, but trust me, discuss every thing.


My marriage is great. We have been together more than 2 years, have an 8 month old. Every thing is good. I stay at home, work only weekends, and he works full time. Since I stay at home I do ALL of the house work except taking out the trash.
we were friends for 6yrs then we got married we are now married for almost 4yrs in a couple of weeks, we have one child. It's only good when you keep up the communication cause that can make the other spouse seek other individulals to share thoughts that should be shared with only you, hey that where relationships start with someone who we can relate to then we start to like each other and the rest is history.
Its the best thing we ever did for us. We are more of a team, we think stronger, successful thoughts, and we are always on each others side. We are a family. we will always be togther


and


I am lucky to be inlove and married. Yes we all have our off days, and we do what we can to resolve issues. But you have to teach yourselfs to BOTH think POSITIVE! OR you ant gonna survive. Sometimes my huby was a bit negative, and would said why did I ever get married. But that was natural for a guy. I told him be glad you have someone. Some people would die tohave what we have. We met when we were 16/17yrs old. been more on than off, and have met others in between. I always saw the other guys as never good enough. Thats apparently is sign he was the one!!
My parents have been married 16 years this May and i wish they'd get a divorce. I think my dad is cheating on my mom and my mom thinks it too, but she's just a push over and lets it happen. Marriage sucks. 1/2 ends in divorce. The other half just doesn't know they're unhappy. DON'T DO IT!
marriage is a good thing, very happy and strong founded. thats the right way to do it. communication is the first key.
Marrie someone you like becasue they will not change. Passion dies down that doesnt mean you have fallen out of love, and kids pull most couples apart. divorced with 2 kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment